After months of aligning your advisory board to corporate strategic goals, gaining internal executive buy-in, designing and planning the board, and implementing the board, you want the advisory board program to continue and succeed after the face-to-face meeting.
Maintaining the board in between face-to-face meetings requires year-round, ongoing engagement from both advisory board members and key internal stakeholders.
Part of maintaining the momentum of a board is showcasing the board internally and externally. Below is a list of top ways to promote your client advisory board externally (with some examples from the web) and gain traction for its ongoing growth.
1. Write a corporate blog post about your Customer Advisory Board.
- Bronto’s Director of Product Management wrote a blog post about their customer advisory board.
- The Skytapp Customer Advisory Board recap blog includes a video.
2. Issue a press release about your Customer Advisory Council.
Here are a few examples of recent customer advisory council press releases issued by B2B companies:
- 6sense Establishes Customer Advisory Board to Drive Customer-Centric Innovation
- MongoDB Launches Partner Advisory Council to Foster Collaboration and Drive Growth With Key Partners
3. Leverage host company stakeholders/ employees to share on social media
- Alison Lutjemeier, Sr. Manager, Customer Advisory Board, Adobe, shared photos on twitter of an Adobe Customer Advisory Board meeting taking place in Sydney, Australia:
— Alison Lutjemeier (@Ali_Lutje) October 11, 2016
- Dev Ittycheria, CEO of MongoDB shared on twitter about MongoDB’s customer advisory board meeting:
Today’s #MongoDB customer advisory board meeting hosted by @Google. Previously mtgs hosted by @facebook @GoldmanSachs & @barclays. Honored. pic.twitter.com/LMiRN5GS8h — Dev Ittycheria (@dittycheria) November 16, 2016
- Alan Atkinson, VP/GM, Dell Storage, posted on twitter about their partner advisory board:
— Alan Atkinson (@alanatkinson02) October 25, 2016
- Jim Crowley, Chief Relationship Officer, at Pershing, a BNY Mellon Company, wrote about their client advisory board on his LinkedIn page:
4. Add a page to your website focused on your Customer Advisory Board.
Many companies highlight and promote their customer advisory boards or partner advisory boards via a dedicated website or page on their website. Here are some examples:
- This Oracle Communications Customer Advisory Board micro-site contains various pages (about, FAQ and CAB premium content).
- The Honeywell Aerospace Partners Advisory Board has its own page on their website.
- The Dyn Customer Advisory Board page provides an overview and roster of the board.
5. Get a mention of your Customer Advisory Council in an industry article.
- In this InsideBIGDATA interview, the Hortonworks Senior Director, Global Project Marketing mentions use case feedback from their customer advisory council.
- In another interview at Asian Legal Business, the President of Lexmundi mentions their client advisory council.
- This Channel Partners Online article about a new Keminario program includes a quote from Keminario’s Vice President of Global Marketing about their partner advisory council.
- This article about the SAP Partner Advisory Board appears at the Economic Times CIO.
How are you gaining visibility for you advisory board?
Ignite Advisory Group is the leading global authority on Customer Advisory Boards. Ignite’s proven methodology for managing and evolving Customer Advisory Boards includes a 4-stage process, encompassing 48 deliverables and measured by 20 metrics to deliver a clear ROI. To learn more about how your company can benefit from Ignite’s CAB methodology and process, contact us today.