Lately we’ve all been hearing about the focus on customer experience and making sure that companies are leveraging the overall value and achieving ROI from their customers’ experience and interactions with the company.
Here at Ignite Advisory Group, we only focus on Customer Advisory Boards (CABs) and Partner Advisory Boards. While marketers may not at first have CABs at the top of their list when it comes to customer experience, CABs are one of the most effective and impactful B2B customer programs for engaging with key customer executives. We’ve got lots of information on the benefits of Customer Advisory Boards: at our website, from these survey results on CAB value, and at our blog.
Defining customer experience
Getting back to customer experience (CX), here are some definitions of CX:
- The customer’s end-to-end journey beyond just key customer touchpoints with your company. (HBR article)
- How customers perceive their interactions with your company. (Forrester blog post)
- The perception that customers have of their interactions with an organization…and Customer Experience = Success + Effort + Emotion (Temkin Group blog post and video)
Top Recent Customer Experience Articles
- 8 CX Trends for 2015 (The Year of the Employee) at the Temkin Group. One point is about voice of the customer renovations, as companies update their VoC programs to continuously gather and leverage customer insights.
- B2B Marketing Trends of 2015: The Importance of Customer Experience, Data Quality and Attribution on LinkedIn. A common thread from marketing leaders is data-driven customer-centricity.
- Where Customer Experience Is Heading in 2015 and Beyond at InsideCXM. Data will drive more customized and individualized customer experience and engagement.
- 5 Ways to Improve Your Customers’ Experiences in 2015 at Business 2 Community. Again, a focus on customer-centricity and looking at the entire customer journey for areas of improvement.
- Forrester Reveals Universal Drivers of Customer Experience and Loyalty at Loyalty360. Customer retention is imperative. Making customers feel valued, communicating clearly and resolving their issue quickly are universal drivers of CX — enabling customer experiences of effectiveness, ease and emotion.
- Want A Powerful Customer Experience? Make It Easy For The Customer at Forbes. Ease of doing business with your company is a factor for creating effective CX.
- Business-to-Business Customer Experience: What’s it Like? at Customer Think. B2B suppliers can enhance customer experience by focusing on post-purchase touchpoints, being aware of what CX influencers are saying to other about their company and more.
Customer focus, providing value and making decisions that are data-driven and based on customer insights and needs along the entire customer journey are common themes.