Ignite 2017-2018 Multicultural Scholarship
Winner Update: Congratulations to our scholarship recipient, Shermila Pia, a student at California Northstate University College of Medicine!
Ignite Advisory Group offers an annual scholarship of $1000 USD to current students of any major (undergrad or graduate school) committed to their education and seeking financial assistance.
Requirements to apply
- Applicants have at least one family member from a different country or culture from outside the United States or were influenced by different cultures growing up.
- Applicants are existing undergraduate or graduate students at any U.S. college or university.
- Applicants are legal residents of the U.S.
- Complete a typed one to two-page essay/ personal statement (in Word or PDF formats).
- Send required materials via email to email@example.com prior to deadline.
- Send valid identification (driver’s license and/or student ID)
- Provide your latest school transcript. GPA is 3.0 or higher.
Essay to complete
- In a one to two-page typed response, tell us about who you are and why you are applying for the scholarship. Describe how your background or multicultural experience shaped who you have become today. How will the scholarship help advance your educational and professional goals?
How to Submit Application
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following items:
- Your complete name, phone number, email, name of university/college
- Copy of driver’s license and/or school identification card
- Most recent university/college transcript
- One to two page typed essay (in Word or PDF formats)
No phone calls, please. We will not respond to you or follow up via telephone calls.
Essay Deadline and Award Recipient Selection
- The deadline to submit the scholarship application is Wednesday, Febrauary 28, 2018.
- The award recipient will be selected by mid-March 2018.
- The award recipient will be notified via email and phone.
- Award in the amount of $1000 USD may be used for any educational expense (tuition, text books, etc.). Ignite Advisory Group will send a check directly to award recipient’s college or university.
- Ignite Advisory Group may ask for award recipient’s photo to publish on social media or in a newsletter.
- Ignite Advisory Group will post award recipient name and university’s name at this scholarship page once award recipient is selected.